The days are getting longer, we’ve put away our winter gear, and we’re getting geared up for the outdoorsy fun we’ll be having in the spring. But, as we prepare for spring, we have to keep our pets in mind. Season changes mean new things are in their environment and some stuff needs to be checked.
As you transition your surroundings remember the following tips:
- Be mindful of the chemicals in the cleaners you use around the house. Keep your pets out of the room till the floors and other surfaces are completely dry. Think about using more eco-friendly cleaners and natural products.
- Spring time holidays like Easter means there will be some candy. Chocolate and holiday treats are being sold in large quantities right now. If you celebrate Easter, keep the fake plastic grass, chocolates, and other sugary treats out of reach of your pets, and get more Easter pet-safety tips here.
- Check your windows and doors for holes or weak spots in the screens. You don’t want bugs crawling into your house and you definitely don’t want your cat accidentally getting out if s/he’s indoor only.
- Visit your vet to get your pup started on preventatives again to keep fleas, ticks, and other parasites away. Your dog will thank you for it.
- Keep all and any lawn fertilizers away from your pets. Some are highly toxic. If you can, think about alternatives to the usual bone meal, cocoa mulch, and pesticides used to make gardens beautiful.
Need some more Spring tips? Check out all our articles below:
Image from Pet365.co.uk