Thinking of adopting a new cat? Make sure you have your butt covered from start to finish!
- Do your current pets like cats?
- Does your current residence provide a good environment for a cat?
- How will your social life or work obligations change to care for a cat?
- Anyone in your house have allergies?
- Do you have the time, patience, and finances to care for a new cat?
- What type of energy level would work in your house?
- Can you afford a few hundred bucks for adoption fees, vet visits?
- Food – the higher quality food, the higher the cost
- Collars and id tags
- Kitty litter
- Grooming supplies
- Regular vet visits
- Toys and scratching posts
Time – Are you around enough to:
- Feed and water daily – for kittens you may need to feed several small meals
- Give at least 30 min to an hour of attention to your cat a day
- Brush and groom regularly
- Engage in play everyday
- Food and water bowls
- Litter box and scooper
- Collar and ID Tag
- Cat Carrier
- Nail clippers
- Brush or comb
- Variety of toys
- First-aid supplies
- Enzymatic cleaner
Image from Scotsman.com