Convinced your dog can shed with the rest of them? Well now you have a chance to prove it.
On June 20, the third annual Doggie Olympic Games (D.O.G.) will take place in Long Beach, Washington. This event is fun for spectators, owners, and dogs alike. Packs of two (owners and their dogs) work together to compete for the Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals. This contest is for dogs of all ages, sizes and abilities.
The events are as follows:
- What No Ducks? Ball Toss – A simple ball retrieving event.
- Frisbee Throw – The dog with furthest catch wins.
- Filla Fuller Brush Shedding – How much hair can you collect? Best shedder wins.
- I’ve Got Rhythm Musical Sit – Basically musical chairs. For your dog.
- Dunking for Dogs – The first dog to eat 5 pieces of a hot dog wins.
- Luciano Pavarotti Commemorative Sing Off (Scary!)
- Doggie Dash – The first dog to reach its owner, wins.
- Rip Van Winkle Sleep Off – The dog lying down the longest without moving wins. (Great for Seniors)
- Peanut Butter Lick – Who can empty the spoon of peanut butter the fastest? My dog’s got this one in the bag.
- Babe Ruth Obedience Baseball – Dogs complete a command at each base to score.
- Who’s Your Daddy? The pooch with the most interesting parentage frisbee_dog1wins.
- Nadia Comaneci Agility – An informal agility event
All owners are also invited to the Pre-Registration Pizza Party on Friday, June 19th from 4:00 – 7:00pm at the Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort in Long Beach.
There will also be an award for the dog that travels the furthest to attend the event.
Click here for more information or to register.