Our pets sometimes do things that we wish they didn’t like sit on the table, scratch the doors, or chew on electrical cords. They use their sense of smell, touch, and taste to learn about the world around them and it can sometimes get them in trouble, especially when it comes to plants.
Ingesting even small amounts of plans that are considered poisonous to our pets can be extremely harmful.
Symptoms that your pet is ill
- Irritation around the mouth and on the skin
Please be aware: Lilies can be extremely dangerous for curious cats and within 72 hours a cat can experience kidney failure.
Lilies can be extremely poisonous. If you have them in your house, make sure your pets can not get near them. If you’re lucky maybe your pets don’t care. Mine don’t but I am cautious when bringing flowers into my house and watch the cats to see what peaks their interest.
Here is a list of some plants that are harmful to your pets
- Aloe Vera
- Baby’s Breath
- Autumn Crocus
- Bird of Paradise
- Christmas Rose
- Holly berries
- Morning Glories
Image from Cindy Dyer