AirTran Airways is a Fortune 1000 company and wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines. AirTran operates nearly 700 daily flights daily serving over 50 destinations in the US, Mexico, and Carribean.
AirTran Pet Policy
Airfare for a pet is $75 one-way and is non-refundable. One pet per customer traveling on the same flight with no more than six pets on any flight. As limited space is available, advanced reservations must be made. Service animals (e.g., Seeing Eye dogs) are always welcome onboard regardless of the number of pets already booked on the flight. There is no fee for service animals used by passengers with disabilities. AirTran Airways does not transport pets as checked baggage.
- Carriers no bigger than 8.5″x 17″ long x 12″ wide are permitted and must fit under the seat during take off and landing
- The carrier must be leak proof and ventilated on at least two sides
- The pet carrier counts as either a passenger’s one carry-on bag or personal item
AirTran Airways does not allow pets to travel on International flights.
Pets in the Cabin: AirTran Policy
- Dogs and cats must be older than 15 weeks and have proof of required vaccinations to travel
- There is no weight restriction for pets traveling
- Carrier must allow the pet to stand up, turn around, and sit
- Service animals are allowed on all flights, prior notice is appreciated
- Pet must remain in the carrier for the duration of the flight