Hawaiian Airlines is the flag carrier and largest airline of Hawaii. It is the 11th largest commercial airline in the country, based in Honolulu, Honolulu County, Hawaii.Hawaiian Airlines has been expanding its destinations and starting in July of 2013, will have flights to Taipei, Tawaiin.
Hawaiian Airlines Pet Policy
Pets are allowed on Hawaiian Airlines in the cabin, or in cargo.
Service animals assisting customers are allowed in the cabin and permitted to stay at the customer’s feet.
All service animals must be:
- Certified as having been trained to assist a person with a disability by a professional service animal institution
- Harnessed at all times
You must register your pet in advance of your flight by contacting Hawaiian Airlines (contact information here). If you don’t register your pet ahead of time, your pet will not be permitted on the flight.
Pets in the Cabin: Hawaiian Airlines Policy
- Permitted only on inter-island flights and flights leaving the State of Hawaii.
- Not allowed on flights arriving into the State of Hawaii due to Quarantine requirements. (Exceptions made for service animals only).
- Your pet must be in a carrier that will fit under the seat in front of you.
- You may book your pet in the passenger cabin at the same time you make your own flight reservations.
Pets in the Cargo: Hawaiian Airlines Policy
- Pet and kennel combined weight must not exceed 70 lbs.
- Pet will be loaded in the baggage compartment of your passenger flight
- You may book your pet as checkin baggage at the same time you make your own flight reservations. (Subject to applicable fees and space availability. You may call Hawaiian Airlines Reservations to make your arrangements.)
For more information on Hawaiin Airlines pet policies, please visit this page of the website.