Sun Country Airlines
Sun Country Airlines is an American low-cost airline headquartered in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul suburb of Mendota Heights, Minnesota. The airline provides services to destination in the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Costa Rica. It also provides charter services to the Armed Forces.
Sun Country Pet Policy
Pets are allowed on Sun Country flights. Pets are accepted as checked baggage. The following conditions apply to customers checking a pet as baggage:
- A reservation must be made prior to the flight. Walkups cannot be guaranteed that their pet may be accepted.
- Sun Country charges an additional fee for customers flying with pets, currently $199.
- Pets are accepted on all non-stop domestic flights except to Anchorage, Laughlin, Miami, New York, San Jaun, and St. Thomas.
- Pets are not accepted on international flights.
- Kennel and pet cannot exceed 100 lbs in weight.
- Cats and dogs must be over 8 weeks of age to fly.
Check Flight Prices
Pets must be checked-in at least 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight. Customers and pets must fly on the same flight. Animals that are transported on Sun Country cannot be in heat, tranquilized, or have signs of a pre-existing condition or illness. Please have your pet’s health certificate ready upon check-in to show the attendants.
Pets in the Cabin: Sun Country Policy
- Only for cats and small dogs
- Your pet must be small enough to stay in its carrier under the seat in front of you
- Your pet and carrier combined must weigh no more than 16lbs
- The carrier must meet certain dimensions: 16″L x 11″W x 8″H
- Your pet (in its carrier) counts toward your overall carry-on allowance as one standard carry-on item
For more details about Sun Country’s pet policies, please see this page of their website.