Pet Friendly Space Coast & Orlando
Whether you’re looking to visit Florida’s theme parks or watch the next rocket launch from Cape Canaveral, there’s no reason to leave your bestest buddy behind. You’ll find plenty of pet-friendly lodgings–hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, and cottages–waiting to welcome you and your pet.
If Space is your targeted frontier on this trip, be sure to plan a trip over the Kennedy Space Center to visit the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame or climb into a simulator to take the Shuttle Launch Experience or any participate in any of the other awesome activities they offer. Unfortunately, Fifi can’t offer you her paw of comfort when those 3G’s of force hit you in the launch simulator, but she will be happily waiting for you in the air-conditioned kennels the Space Center makes available to its visitors for free.
If it’s the beach that’s your destination, kind of bad news on that front, if you want to romp in the surf with your pet–because you can’t. There is a strict prohibition of pets on beaches throughout Brevard County, though there is some talk of creating a dog beach in the future. You can, however, take advantage of Brevard County’s off-leash dog parks:
Lori Wilson Park Off-Leash Dog Park in Cocoa Beach (1500 N. Atlantic Avenue)
Port St. John Dog Park @ Fay Lake Wilderness Park in Cocoa (6300 Fay Boulevard)
Palm Bay Regional Park Off-Leash Dog Park in Palm Bay (1951 Malabar Road NW)
Wickham Park Off-Leash Dog Park in Melbourne (2500 Parkway Drive)
There is also the City of Satellite Beach Dog Park in Satellite Beach (750 Jamaica Boulevard). And if you’re looking for a nice on-leash stroll, check out the mile-long Hammock Trail in Sebastian Inlet State Park in Melbourne Beach.
Finally, if it’s theme parks that make your heart go pitter pat, you’re good to go and so is your pet. SeaWorld and Universal Studios Orlando both offer onsite kennels to their visitors, where your pet will wait for you in air-conditioned comfort for $15 per day. You must have up-to-date vaccination documentation, there is no overnight boarding, and you must provide your own food.
Walt Disney World used to offer onsite kennels as well but no more. They have outsourced their kennels to a single provider, Best Friends Pet Care at Walt Disney World in Lake Buena Vista. They do accept reservations (which are recommended) and offer overnight boarding.
In the case of each of these parks, including the Kennedy Space Center, also consider using one of the many pet sitters who have registered with us in the these areas.
Find Pet-Friendly Lodgings in the Space Coast and Orlando:
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Apopka
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Cape Canaveral
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Casselberry
- Pet Friendly Hotels in ChampionsGate
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Cocoa
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Cocoa Beach
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Indialantic
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Kissimmee
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Lake Buena Vista
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Lake Mary
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Maitland
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Melbourne
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Melbourne Beach
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Ocoee
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Orlando
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Palm Bay
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Sanford
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Satellite Beach
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Titusville