Spring is here and that means fleas are back… maybe they never left… but to keep them from becoming a pest in your home here’s some tips to keep them out of your house.
Protect Your Pets
- Start with monthly flea treatment – These will help to keep your pet free of fleas and itch.
- Ask your veterinarian for more information about flea prevention methods to ensure that your pet is being treated with the most appropriate prevention.
- Check your pet and yourself after a trip to the park or a hike – you don’t want to bring fleas home.
Protect Your House
- Wash all your pet’s bedding in hot soapy water.
- Clean all surfaces where your pets spend time.
- Vacuum including all corners and crevices.
- Dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag after each cleaning.