Spirit Airlines is headquartered in Miramar, Florida in the Miami metropolitan area. Spirit operates flights throughout the U.S. as well as the Caribbean Sea area, Mexico, and Latin America. Over half of the flights are destinations to the Bahamas, Caribbean, and Latin America.
Spirit Airlines Pet Policy
Spirit Airlines accepts small pets (domestic dogs, cats and small household birds ONLY) for transportation in the customer cabin for a service fee. Spirit Airlines does not transport pets in Cargo at any time. Pet fees must be paid at the time the reservation is made in order to reserve the needed transportation space in our inventory. Exotic pets such as reptiles, spiders, and rodents are not accepted.
- Your pet must travel in a container that is ventilated
- During the flight your pet cannot be taken out of its carrier
- Your pet’s travel container is considered a carry-on baggage item and will incur a fee
- Your pet must be clean, inoffensive, harmless to those around you and not need any attention (ex: medication or be taken out of the carrier) during the flight.
Important Information: Fees and Number of Pets
$110 USD per container, each way. One container per passenger (with maximum of 2 pets per container). Maximum of 4 pets per flight. To add a pet to a reservation contact our Reservations Center at 801.401.2222.
Pets in the Cabin: Spirit Airlines Policy
With prior approval from booking your tickets, you may transport in the cabin:
- Dogs and cats must be older than 8 weeks
- Per cannot be ill or in physical distress
- A max of 2 animals in 1 carrier is allowed provided that they can both stand up, turn around, and sit comfortably. Animals must be the same species.
- Mazimum container size: 18″ length x 14″ width x 9″ height
- Guide dogs are allowed regardless of their weight and size. Documentation may be required depending on international destination
For more details about Spirit Airlines’ pet policies, please see this page of their website