Sun Country Airlines is an American low-cost airline headquartered in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul suburb of Mendota Heights, Minnesota. The airline provides services to destination in the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Costa Rica. It also provides charter services to the Armed Forces.
Sun Country Pet Policy
Pets are allowed on Sun Country flights. Pets are accepted as carry-on or checked baggage. The following conditions apply to customers checking a pet as baggage:
- A reservation must be made prior to the flight.
- Sun Country charges an additional fee for customers flying with pets in baggage, currently $199 paid on day of departure. No prepayment.
- Pets are accepted on all non-stop domestic flights in the contiguous United States except New York.
- Pets are not accepted on international flights or multi-stop and/or connected flights..
- Kennel and pet cannot exceed 100 lbs in weight.
- No more than two puppies or kittens younger than six months, under 20 pounds, and of the same species, may be transported in the same kennel.
Pets must be checked-in at least 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight. Customers and pets must fly on the same flight. Animals that are transported on Sun Country cannot be in heat, tranquilized, or have signs of a pre-existing condition or illness. Please have your pet’s health certificate ready upon check-in to show the attendants.
Pets in the Cabin: Sun Country Policy
- Advance reservation for pets recommended for a non-refundable fee of $125
- Walk up request for pets accepted for a non-refundable fee of $199, if limit of 4 pets per aircraft has not been met
- Your pet must be small enough to stay in its carrier under the seat in front of you
- The carrier must meet following dimensions: 16″L x 11″W x 8″H
- Pets no more than 16 lbs. should meet above carrier dimension requirements
- Your pet (in its carrier) counts toward your overall carry-on allowance as one standard carry-on item
For more details about Sun Country’s pet policies, please see this page of their website.