We all know that if someone wants to date us, they also date our dogs. If you’ve met someone and they aren’t as pet crazy as we are, let them know there are at least 5 rules for dating you and your dog.
5 Rules For Dating Dog Lovers
- It’s the dog house, too – Yes, the dog does need that squeaky toy that is annoying. He also needs all the chew toys, 3 different beds, and a special blanket on the couch. But don’t worry the vacuum is new and a beast at picking up the pet hair off the rug and other areas.
- Yes, I do talk funny to the dog – It’s fine that you think it’s silly. I know it is but the dog gets excited, wags his tail, and knows something good is about to happen. So if I want to talk in high pitched and silly voice to my dog, I will. I will do it anywhere too, the park, the house, in front of your coworkers…anywhere.
- The dog is family – He isn’t just a dog. He has a name. He has doctor appointments, and he has his own food bowls. He gets to sleep on the bed with me and he’s always down for a walk or watching netflix. Just don’t ever refer to him as “just a dog.”
- Don’t insult my other dog loves – My love for dogs isn’t just for my own. I like all dogs and may buy gifts for my friends’ dogs, donate to the local shelter, and participate in events like a doggie dash. You don’t have to join me on these things but respect the fact that my love for dogs extends to any and all dogs.
- My dog licks me and I kiss him on the head – Yes, my dog licks my hand, sometimes my face, and yea it can be gross. But I also kiss him on his head and will smush his face against mine when I hug him. You don’t have to kiss my dogs but I do and if you think you can deter me, the door is over there.
Image from dogtime.com