AeroMexico is the flag carrier airline of Mexico that operates domestic and international flights to North America, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. It has its headquarters in Mexico City and was established in 1934 as Aeronaves de Mexico.
AeroMexico Pet Policy
Dogs are permitted to fly on AeroMexico and must have the proper documentation and health certificates in order to be allowed at the final destination.
- Dogs must be at least eight weeks old
- There is a maximum of one dog per passenger.
- Pets in carriers do not count as included baggage and will incur extra fees which vary upon destination
- Unaccompanied minors with dogs will not be permitted to fly
- Only dogs are permitted on flights–no other pets.
All carriers in the cabin must be secure, well-ventilated, and fit under the seat in front of the passenger. Extra charges apply when booking a ticket. Upon making reservations, indicate whether or not you plan to travel with your pet.
- Your pet must remain inside its carrier for the duration of the flight
- The carrier must be large enough to allow your pet to stand, turn, and lie down
- It is prohibited to provide food or beverages to your pet during the flight
Service animals and emotional support animals are exempt from the above guidelines. Indicate that you are traveling with a service animal when making your reservation. Proper documentation may be required upon check-in.
Pets in the Cabin: AeroMexico’s Policy
Pets traveling in the cabin must be in a leak-proof carrier that has a secure lock. You must also provide health and rabies certificates, entry permits, and other documents that may be required.
For more details about AeroMexcio’s pet policies please see this page of the AeroMexcio website.