Air Berlin is Germany’s second largest airline and operates an extensive network to destinations such as the Mediterranean region, the Canary Islands, and North Africa as well as Southeast Asia, the Americas, and the Caribbean. The airline is headquartered in the Airport Bureau Center in Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, Berlin.
Air Berlin’s Pet Policy
Pets can travel in the cabin or in the hold, depending on the size and weight. All pets must be transported in a carrier that has proper ventilation, is leak-proof, and escape proof.
- Your pet must travel in a container that is ventilated
- During the flight your pet cannot be taken out of its carrier
- Passengers are not allowed to place the pet carrier on a seat, even if the seat is empty or purchased as an additional seat
- Pets are not allowed to travel in the business class of the cabin
- If traveling with a pet, you can only make a seat reservation for a window seat
- Dogs and cats must be older than 15 weeks and have proof of required vaccinations to travel
- Dogs and cats weighing less than 13 lbs including the weight of the carrier
- Guide dogs are allowed regardless of their weight and size
- Carrier size: 18in/20cm (height), 15.5in/40cm (width), 21.5in/55cm (length)
Extra charges do apply for traveling with a pet and reservations must be made in advance by contacting the Service-Centre. All pets traveling on Air Berlin must have a health certificate and proper paperwork for entry to the final destination.
Pets in the Cabin: Air Berlin Policy
With prior approval from booking your tickets, you may transport in the cabin:
Pets traveling in the cabin will incur an extra fee of 30 to 100 EUR depending on the length of the flight and destination.
Pets in the Hold Compartment: Air Berlin Policy
Pets who are larger and weigh more than 6kg including the weight of the carrier must travel in the hold. The carrier must have a water and food container that can be filled from outside.
Pets in the hold are an extra fee of 75 to 150 EUR depending on the length of the trip and destination.
For more details about Air Berlin’s pet policies, please see this page of the Air Berlin website