Allegiant Air is an American airline that operates scheduled and chartered flights. The headquarters are located in Enterprise, Nevada and was founded in 1997 originally under the name WestJet Express. Allegiant Air targets smaller cities with limited passenger airline services and focuses on leisure travelers who may be traveling from colder climates to warmer ones. The airline offers a lower frequency of flights and tends to carry fewer business class passengers.
Allegiant Air Pet Policy
Pets are accepted on flights in the passenger cabin. All pets must be in an FAA approved carrier that fits under the seat. Passengers traveling with pets will not be seated in exit rows or one row before or after the exit row.
Check Flight Prices
- Your pet must travel in a container that is ventilated
- During the flight your pet cannot be taken out of its carrier
- There is an extra $100 fee per one-way flight for each carrier in the cabin, with no more than 2 pets per carrier
- Dogs and cats must be older than 12 weeks and have proof of required vaccinations to travel
- Dogs and cats are the only approved animals allowed on Allegiant Air flights
- Guide dogs are allowed regardless of their weight and size
- Carriers can be no larger than: 19in x 16in x 9in
You must register your pet in advance of your flight by contacting Allegiant Air. To book a reservation with a pet, please call 702-505-8888 and tell the agent that you are traveling with your pet.
Pets in the Cabin: Allegiant Air Policy
With prior approval from booking your tickets, you may transport in the cabin:
For more details about Allegiant Air’s pet policies, please see this page of the website