JetBlue is headquartered in Long Island City, New York. JetBlue serves over 70 destinations in 21 states and 12 countries in the Caribbean, South America, and Latin America. It was founded in 1999 under the name “New Air” and later changed it to JetBlue before its first flights out of John F. Kennedy International Airport in early 2000.
JetBlue Airllines Pet Policy
JetBlue operates a program known as JetPaws that gives owners all the tools and tips needed for smooth travel with their pets. All pet carriers receive a free JetBlue pet tag that is attached to the carrier at check-in, information of the pet relief areas in the airport as well as the destination airport for dogs who need a break, and tips to make the flight enjoyable for everyone.
- Check the vaccination and documentation required for the destination of the trip
- Carrier cannot exceed 17″ x 12.5″ x 8.5″ and must fit under the seat for take off and landing
- There is a non-refundable fee of $100 per flight segment
- Only one pet per customer is allowed
- Your pet and carrier count as one personal item onboard
Pets cannot be booked online, call 1-800-JETBLUE and book early. When passing through security, the carrier must pass through the x-ray. Customers will be asked to hold the pet and walk through.
Pets in the Cabin: JetBlue Policy
With prior approval from booking your tickets, you may transport in the cabin:
- Dogs and cats must be older than 10 weeks and have proof of required vaccinations to travel
- One pet per reserved seat
- Your pet must be small enough to fit comfortably in a kennel and under the seat directly in front of you
- Your pet in the cabin counts as a one piece of carry-on baggage
For more details about JetBlue’s pet policies, please see this page of the JetBlue website.